Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sad Stories...

I love my HEA as much as the next person but there are times when I just want to be sad. I want to cry over the unrequited love and sigh over the chances missed. I try not to indulge too much but some times I just can't help it. When those urges get the best of me I write these sad little narratives of lovers that are doomed for heart break.

Since I am incapable of working on the last story in this trilogy I've planned I thought I would just post one of my sad little narratives instead.

Janet

"Are you tired?" I whisper against her skin.
She pauses with that secret smile that holds the key to my heart upon her lips.
"No," she replies, nuzzling deeper into my embrace.
"Are you sure?" I ask but my question requires an answer I know I'm not ready to hear.
"Yes," she says, cupping my cheek and rubbing her thumb gently against my chin.
I pause with that secret smile that will break her heart upon my lips.
"Good. Come here so I can kiss you again."
And she does.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You should write this story Janet. As Toni Morrison says, some stories have to be told even though we may not want to hear them. Write the story and self publish it or write a collection of these stories and sub them to BTP. Think J. California Cooper.

    ReplyDelete